[ANN] New editor plugins release for VSCode and Vim! Full Windows support and more

Fresh out of the oven:

We’ve previously had some hiccups making a few features reliable on windows; they should now be solid.

For rescript-vscode, we’ve now expanded our recommended themes to include One Dark Pro and Mariana Pro. See this section in the README if you’ve got some questions regarding highlighting.

Thanks for your patience. Enjoy!

14 Likes

Any plans on supporting another light theme?

Maybe it’s a matter of whether someone makes another light theme compatible with ReScript. Not sure that someone should be from the ReScript team, given their limited resources :slight_smile:

Yeah. Please see the readme link I’ve posted.

1 Like

I think @jorge was not specifically referring to VSCode’s light theme.

So what @chenglou did for instance was creating a PR to the aforementioned Mariana Pro repository, fine-tuning the theme to our use-case.

I think you’d need to do the same thing for your favourite light theme for now. Happy to help / give some pointers if you don’t know where to start!

Currently I use Light+ at day and Monokai or Dark+ at night :owl:

I was just curious if there are any other light theme support on the roadmap

WAHOO! Thanks @chenglou!

3 Likes

How are you feeling regarding the current Light+ and Dark+ support?

So what @chenglou did for instance was creating a PR to the aforementioned Mariana Pro repository, fine-tuning the theme to our use-case.

Right, however the amount of fix we can apply is limited. Mariana Pro happens to need 2 fixes that also makes ReScript’s highlighting better, but it’s not guaranteed for every theme.

Btw I’ve chosen Mariana Pro to fix, in particular, because it’ll be Sublime Text’s new default theme. So I thought maybe some folks would like it.

@chenglouworks pretty well for me

Most light themes should work decently then I think

1 Like

Lately it seems to me that the autocomplete got much better. I feel way more productive

2 Likes