Front end engineer on TinyMCE

I work on a project you may have heard of, TinyMCE. It is a well established and widely used browser-based HTML editor used across large chunks of the internet.

The codebase is mostly TypeScript and weighs in at somewhere north of 250,000 loc just for the open source project. There is a lot more TypeScript in closed-source premium features. For the last two years my team has been building our latest premium feature in ReScript; real-time collaboration based on the Slate editor model. That codebase is about to pass 87,000 lines of code. The long term plan is to move the model, two thirds of that code, to our central open source repository.

The TinyMCE team is looking for developers in general but I’m posting today looking specifically for developers at all levels of ReScript experience. If you’re interested enough in ReScript to be reading this you’re probably someone we want to talk to. Strong TypeScript/JavaScript experience would be helpful but is by no means required! If you’re good enough and willing to work in ReScript in a professional capacity I will be happy.

The job is 100% remote but I will caution that our developers are in Australia and Europe at the moment. We’re not totally opposed to hiring someone in America or a similar time zone, if we find the right person, but the hours might be weird. The more overlap you have with us the better.

If you’re interested please DM me, grab me on socials, or my email address is on my GitHub profile. Alternatively go straight to applying for the job and let them know I sent you (we have a referral program :wink: )

7 Likes

Also, for anyone reading this later please don’t hold back. The ReScript community is still quite small so I will welcome contact from anyone at any time.

3 Likes

Hello,
I’m a Front End Architect in a Company that uses TinyMCE, we actually use the version 4 and we’re planning to migrate to the latest version to the use the commercial version.
I found that Tiny starts using ReasonML to write a premium plugin we are planning to migrate our plugin also, but if we start writing them in Typescript we will rewrite it later with ReasonML.

Is there any resources to start writing plugin with ReasonML?

Thanks

We haven’t published our internal bindings for the TinyMCE api, but it’s on my radar to do. You’re not the first to ask - I’ll let you know if we decide to publish them.

Any further questions please DM me rather than post in the job board :slight_smile:

1 Like