Func Prog Sweden

Hi everyone,

A while back, I had the chance to give a virtual talk at Functional Programming Sweden. The experience was great, and I think it would be awesome if someone from the ReScript community could present there sometime. The organizers are fantastic, and I’d be happy to make introductions.

I’m still relatively new to ReScript, so it would be ideal if a more experienced community member could step up. ReScript has made significant strides recently, and it would be great to showcase it to an audience that appreciates functional programming.

Any takers? (Looking at you maybe @fham?!)

1 Like

You know, we have a Swede here who might even be able to join physically, right @zth?

But other than that, we should rather speak at meetups where functional programming is NOT the central topic. Like a React Meetup, Vue Meetup or just a plain JS meetup.

At a functional meetup, maybe a presentation about uncurried mode would fly, or something else that’s more in-depth.

At any other meetup, we could do it like Rob here at TypeScript Michigan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HROUpdky9SM
Just maybe shorter and without mentioning Reason or OCaml at all, except for questions after the talk of course.

2 Likes

Interesting feedback. Those in the functional programming community who are doing frontend work may have already decided on their preferred tools. It’s probably more important to inform the mainstream audience that ReScript is a compelling alternative to writing JavaScript.

2 Likes