Is ReasonReact due for a name change now too?

With the recent rebranding and as reasonreact seems to be part of the rescript ecosystem, will ReasonReact be renamed to something like RescriptReact?

2 Likes

My vote is simply ReReact :smile:

Edit: Maybe ResReact… but that’s not as much fun :confused:

2 Likes

yup I thought about ReReact, it’s cleaner, but probably not so clear. There are also some reason libraries named re-xxxx too which may be confusing.

1 Like

What about ReactRS or React.rs? This would be a logical complement to ReactJS/React.js, but I can also see how this could be too confusingly similar. (And it seems like the default name for the JavaScript version is React, without the JS.)

A downside which comes to my mind is that rust files already have this extension :thinking:

File extension being more recently .res, React.res ?
It’s even more a generic problem: how to name rescript package?
Currently for React Native we used reason-* but maybe we should focus on a dedicated rescript focused naming indeed.

2 Likes

Resact. :microphone: :arrow_heading_down::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

2 Likes

Resact

Not a chance, lol.

But as for naming conventions for ReScript packages on Github/NPM, I seem to recall a discussion about it in which most folks preferred the rescript- prefix. I tend to agree with that idea. At least it’s unambiguous…

Probably @rickyvetter’s call, but I really like the sound of rescript-react as well!

Related discussion: Naming standard for new binding projects?

8 Likes