Looking for a rescript mentor for a few hours a week

Hello, I am trying to learn ReScript and keep hitting blocks. The forum is great and the people here are also great. The documentation on rescript-lang-org is ok, but it doesn’t provide any practical examples or workflows on how to do things. This is not a complaint or anything! The available resources may be enough for more advanced programmers or people with a ReasonML or Ocaml background. For me, however, with a JS and TS background, it’s not enough.

I am looking for an experienced Rescript developer to help me along this journey.

Time Needed

I expect 1 to 2 hours a week to be enough. I am planning to spend 2 months full-time on getting inside the Rescript paradigm. So this would be about 8 hours a month. I am in Europe and can adapt to your schedule, any day between 7 am and 8 pm (Amsterdam-time).

What I am trying to do

To learn Rescript I will build a Node Rest API to Rescript (express, mongoose, aws-sdk, mongodb, … ) and a React app (Nextjs, Material-UI, …).

Remuneration/payment

To be discussed.

Contact

Just send me a private message via this forum.

2 Likes

Hey @el1t1st happy to help if you’re ok chatting over Slack, etc. I’ll send you a DM!

2 Likes

Hi @el1t1st,
I know I am late to the party, but if you are still on the lookout for someone I would be happy to help you, as I am experienced ReScript consultant.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson.56782@gmail.com
Cheers and Have a great day ahead,
Andrew