Reasonml to Rescript migration

Hey there! I’ve been following the last updates on the rescript syntax! I’d like to know what would be the migration path for the following:

We have a big monorepo codebase written in reasonml! I’ve tried updating bs-platform to rescript but the problem we have is that in vscode, we loose intellisense and compilation errors highlighting for old reasonml syntax because new rescript cli and bs-platform seem not to be compatible.

We cannot migrate yet all this code because we use some custom infix operators across all the codebase like “decco”, “bs-let” and operators like “>>=”.

• Is there a way to have this error highlighting back? or what would be the recommended migration path?
  • What would be the replacement, for things like “decco” and “bs-let”

Thanks on advance for all the work you’re doing guys, amazing stuff, we are really happy with the tooling and the language!

5 Likes

This is blocking me as well, and from what I understand ReasonML syntax is deprecated (for Rescript) but Ocaml is not? Possibly to keep infixes I was planning to convert it all to Ocaml syntax.

Hi, decco should continue to work in ReScript.

The recommendation for bs-let is to use https://github.com/ryyppy/rescript-promise and promise chaining instead, e.g. promise1->then(x => ...)->then(y => ...).

Overall, I think the recommended migration path is to migrate everything in one shot. In your case it looks like you’ll need to do some prep work as discussed above.

1 Like