tbh, this should be included in the rescript stdlib as a sort of spec to guarantee object shapes on the ffi boundary with automatic checks.
I’d say Sury is a little bit too opinionated to be a part of the Stdlib. It’s more like a framework, which you install anyway if you need it. Also, there’s a really nice way to pattern-match on JSON values in ReScript v12, which will work for many simple use cases.
Hi DZakh,
Congrats on the 11.0 stable release! I wanted to say hello here because I’m about to select Sury for a real project: an external API for one of my company’s products, built on ReScript 12 + Sury + Hono + hono-openapi + Scalar. Part of our stack is already ReScript, so I’m generally in favor of keeping it that way. The alternative on the table is Python + FastAPI/Pydantic, and the deciding requirement is OpenAPI 3.x schema and document generation; which is exactly what drew me to Sury’s JSON Schema support.
I’m aware the ecosystem around this path is still young. I accept that risk, and I’m happy to contribute issues and PRs along the way as I run into things.
My question: is there anything you’d call my attention to before I start implementing - known rough edges, things worth checking out first, or choices you’d make differently for this kind of setup?
Thanks in advance!
Balazs Ree